SThe 2022 United Nations Climate Change Conference or Conference of the Parties of the UNFCCC, more commonly referred to as COP27, is the 27th United Nations Climate Change conference and is being held from 6 November until 18 November 2022 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
SMRC organised a site on climate change and resilience.
Women with Disability India Network; Women Enabled International and S.M.R.C
Date: 17th February 2022
Time: CET: 9-10.30. Malawi 10-11.30 India 13.30-3.00 Jakarta 15.00-16.30
Chair: Nandini Ghosh Women with Disabilities India Network
- Alana Carvalho Women Enabled International
- Nidhi Goyal Rising Flame/WWDIN
- Yeni Rosa Damayanti -Indonesian Mental Health Association (IMHA)/TCI
- Ruth Mkutumula, Disabled Women in Africa
- Reena Mohanty SMRC/WWDIN
The panel will highlight the heterogeneity of experiences of persons with disabilities in countries of the Global South and North, aiming to enable inclusive policies and implementation so disability is not treated as generic and undifferentiated in climate change and conflict
The event is supported – University College London (UCL), World Institute on Disability, McGill University / Rehabilitation International, Global Disability Innovation Hub, SMRC / Rehabilitation International
Moderator Maria Kett, University College London (UCL)
- Marcie Roth, World Institute on Disability
- Elham Youssefian, International Disability Alliance
- Mathieu Simard, McGill University / Rehabilitation International
- Mikaela Patrick, Global Disability Innovation Hub
- Asha Hans SMRC / Rehabilitation International
Times EST 11.30 am – 13.00 pm IST 22.00.-23.30. BST 16.30 -18.00 pm
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Faculty and Students from Universities across India and independent scholars participated in the course. Faculty was from Asia Pacific a mix of academics, activists and member from the UNCRPD Committee.